Thread: Broke my VDO Gauge clock hand - looking for parts

Broke my VDO Gauge clock hand - looking for parts

So last night after watching too many Youtubes on how easy it was to remove the internals of the gauges and clean/repair, I cam semi successful but did have trouble with the clock. So can you buy parts anywhere?

Hands for the clock

Also want to replace the face with real glass instead of plexiglass, 2nd option new plexiglass.

Anyone know where to find gauge parts like these? it's for a 1970 911. Thanks!

Name:  IMG_5001.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  184.1 KB

You can make a new face out of glass by buying a replacement and drilling the hole you need using a glass drill bit -- sets are cheap on amazon for a one time use. The hole doesn't have to be perfect. It's far better than the plastic. I think I got the glass from Pelican or North Hollywood Speedo, though I had to buy more than one to get one that was not scratched.

Below is the disassembled parts for the adjuster in order of assembly:

Name:  IMG_2781.jpeg
Views: 175
Size:  244.7 KB

Name:  IMG_2775.jpeg
Views: 174
Size:  333.7 KB
    - 1969 911T Ossi Blue #3981

This looks perfect, well done! Thank you for the tip on drilling and glass. Now if I could find the hour hand I broke...

PS. Keep the glass bit wet while drilling, go slow speed, take it easy.
    - 1969 911T Ossi Blue #3981

options

Name:  DSC01787.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  95.1 KB

Regular clock is from 11/1981, clock with no glass is an early one. Regular one is $75.00. other is $25.00

Mike C
    Mike

What tool or method is used to best recrimp the retainer ring to seal the gauge once its been opened?

Call Morris at West Valley Instruments. He may have the parts or send it to him and he can repair at a fair price. He is the best!
    https://www.westvalleyinstruments.com/
    Phone: (818) 758-9500
    Peter
    1969 911T Coupe Blood Orange (Vivy)