Thread: Stainless ignition switch bezel insert

Stainless ignition switch bezel insert

Looking for an original stainless ignition switch stainless steel insert as shown in below picture. Looking for one in excellent to NOS condition

TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images

For a ROW, locking ign switch? Hope all is well with you and the family!

Jim

Stainless? Was that an 'early' thing? I don't recall mine being stainless but, then it's been out of the dash for some time.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

bumping up, I believe the material is indeed stainless. Not sure when first used but somewhere late '65

Another bump top the top

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    Another bump top the top
    There is something very odd to me with your picture. The plastic part appears to be at 90 degree angles instead of beveled. I've never seen anything like that. I'm assumming that you need one for a locking ign switch, not the switch that was in your car, originally?

Jim

That and the interior piece seems flat (perpendicular to the lock) instead of sloping inward to the lock face like mine is.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    There is something very odd to me with your picture. The plastic part appears to be at 90 degree angles instead of beveled. I've never seen anything like that. I'm assumming that you need one for a locking ign switch, not the switch that was in your car, originally?

Jim
    Jim,

The picture is one I found on the board and is not of my switch. On mine the stainless insert is damaged. This is why I am looking for another one. This is what was in the car as I got it from you. I have no reason to doubt the originality given the history of the car and the fact that the switch code matches the Kardex.

Below a picture of another switch
    Attached Images Attached Images

Still very much on the lookout