Thread: Recaro bucket seat

Recaro bucket seat

Since the Recaro Rallye seat has become such an expensive and rare beast, especially the ones with the high bolsters, maybe someone here would want to consider an alternative recaro bucket seat. I have a 914 recaro bucket seat available that would be quite OK as a passenger seat next to a recaro bucket.
    I'm putting a set of scheel 300 racing buckets in my GT clone, so the single 914 Recaro Bucket seat I have can go.

Although it looks a lot like the 'regular' recaro bucket used in the 911 it is not the same, this is the specific 914 version with the bottom cutout and the slightly more upright backrest. Treads for mounting the standard 914 sliders are fine, but the spacing is a bit more narrow than the regular 911 version. This means you will have to work out how to mount it in a 911 with a custom bracket. Because the backrest is a bit more upright, you need to make sure you tilt it a bit so that the seat is comfy enough. Both the 914 and regular bucket are good to sit in up to waist 33/34, I'm 33 and both are snug fit.

The shell is in good condition no cracks or damage, the PO did mount it in a different way and used big bolts for that, so there are 4 extra holes in the bottom, which you could use for 911 mounting on a fixed frame. The upholstery is in need of some attention. The vinyl on the major part is OK, there is a small split in the vinyl at the seam halfway on the side where most tension is, but it is holding quite OK. The center portion fabric has an issue on halfway on the backrest, its been eaten away by wasps or something I think. I do have some used matching fabric should you want to or a partial repair. But maybe you just want to do a full reupholster anyway. It did not come with a headrest when I purchased it. I do have a choice of 2 types for you, whatever you prefer.
    - Peanut shape, its a recaro, but a later type than usually used in Porsches and it has some paint spray on it. (probably from an Opel or something like that)
    - D shape, regular type, was used in the early version of this seat, but it is brown, you could spray it with vinyl paint.
    If you want to have sliders, I do not have Recaro sliders available, but I can add a set of Scheel sliders or generic period sliders at extra cost.

A lot of pictures here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PT7...?usp=drive_link

+++++++++ Sold +++++++++
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 911_2.2T; 08-28-2023 at 07:01 AM.
    =========================================
    2.4T 1972 Targa - Tangerine German Delivery Ölklappe
    2.4T 1973 Coupe - Golden Green 911ST with 2.8 MFI TwinPlug
    1.7 1970 914-4 - Hell Elfenbein Weiss to be Sonauto GT with a Six
    Looking for engine #6522576
    Rgruppe #674

Also some comparison foto's with the generic bucket side by side
    Attached Images Attached Images
    =========================================
    2.4T 1972 Targa - Tangerine German Delivery Ölklappe
    2.4T 1973 Coupe - Golden Green 911ST with 2.8 MFI TwinPlug
    1.7 1970 914-4 - Hell Elfenbein Weiss to be Sonauto GT with a Six