Thread: Swap Meet at Ski Round Top

Swap Meet at Ski Round Top

Respectfully calling all old timers. Great opportunity to sell off some of the parts that you have been hoarding. Don’t let your widow get ripped off after you are gone. Find some new homes for those treasured Parts. See you there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rennman; 09-12-2023 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Photo rotation

A nice reminder, but a bit late for those who are not familiar with the event. Honestly, the attendance by vendors and buyers has been steadily declining to the point where the $70.00 fee to sell items does not make it attractive. My parts inventory has steadily declined and not sure I could even get my vendor fee back. This event really needs better marketing and advertising at least six months in advance of it to return it to its former glory. Wish it was not so.

Quote Originally Posted by mac73s View Post
    A nice reminder, but a bit late for those who are not familiar with the event. Honestly, the attendance by vendors and buyers has been steadily declining to the point where the $70.00 fee to sell items does not make it attractive. My parts inventory has steadily declined and not sure I could even get my vendor fee back. This event really needs better marketing and advertising at least six months in advance of it to return it to its former glory. Wish it was not so.
    Agreed this event needs to be better promoted. It has been going on for 20 years so a lot of people do already know. Always something good to be found. Hope to see you there.

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.
    How did it go this year? Would love to attend as a buyer and first-time attendee next year, and will be coming from afar.
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306

Quote Originally Posted by Rennman View Post
    Agreed this event needs to be better promoted. It has been going on for 20 years so a lot of people do already know. Always something good to be found. Hope to see you there.
    All it takes is effective and low cost marketing. A little Roundtop history, fairly recent. I looked up around 2011-12 and realized Roundtop was down to about 10 vendors. I remember on a bright sunny day watching Ed Anspach kick a rock back and forth with someone for an hour, it was that dead. I went and asked Mike Moody, who was doing the event then what kind of marketing he was doing, his answer was, "It's Roundtop, people just know." As I looked across the empty parking lot I felt a disconnect with that. I offered to help out. Lots of direct mail and email worked, within 3 years the event was bursting. The parking lot was full and we had to put people on the grass. If anyone wants to take up the challenge I would be more than happy to share the things that worked and didn't work, all of it for very little money, just long hours of steady work, starting around May. Here are some shots of what Roundtop looked like when it's properly marketed, it can be done.

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!