Thread: FS: @BaT - my super nice tool kit, no reserve

FS: @BaT - my super nice tool kit, no reserve

I have it listed on bring a trailer, this is a no reserve auction https://bringatrailer.com/listing/porsche-tool-kit-4/
    1975 911S targa , 1989 944 turbo S original paint survivor, 1978 924 track car, 1980 924 m471 sport options

IMG_2684.jpg

With this other BAT sale today it would seem the going rate on BAT is roughly US$ 1700-1850 for kits of this type. There is 5 perecent buyer premium on top
    IMG_2681.jpg

Various differences pliers, belt snd some things maybe were not as original from factory perhaps? Nevertheless interesting to see things sell about a week apart on an www auction site.

Interesting to compare to price fetched on same site for the kit that superseded; it went for double even without any belt although it had a random German tyre pressure gauge.

That screwdriver effect?
    The later kit only used comparatively short period ?

IMG_2371.jpg

While the intention of commenting is not to get into the nuances of the kits as that’s quite well covered in the popular tool reference sticky thread which for some odd reason is a sticky in “classified” for “sales” section of forum?
    IMG_2686.jpg

Whilst thoughts are on commercial matters noting these three auction sold price datapoints from a public domain web site as at end calendar 2023 before they disappear into the ether. There are many things affect value of course
    Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 12-28-2023 at 02:37 PM.

An audit of EBay sold auctions, not the ridiculous buy it now prices is an interesting comparison.

There’s a whole fanboi cult atmosphere around certain sellers regardless of products’ merits and that introduces a bias IMO.

BAT is just one market. I wouldn’t pay either of those prices on BAT or here on the forum. I can afford to make that choice because I already have a kit that is 100% unrestored original and in better overall condition than either of those.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

BAT ran my tool kit at the same time as the other tool kit and that hurt the price of both in my opinion, take a look at sold tool kits and you will see that many were over $3000 and some as much as $7000. $1700-$1800 is not the new price but a messed up price since they ran two tool kits at the same time https://bringatrailer.com/auctions/r...rsche+tool+kit
    1975 911S targa , 1989 944 turbo S original paint survivor, 1978 924 track car, 1980 924 m471 sport options

Interested to know what a complete toolkit exactly as came from car ( not out together) with May 72 phoenix date is worth. I have one that I’m discussing with owner of car who needs the same. Not selling via here it will be a private deal with somone who doesn’t frequent here. I want to ask a fair price for both parties. Not interested in silly BIN prices. It has a sunroof tool. I felt the 17-1850 even with buyer premium ( of 5 percent) was a tad low but these recent ones as comparators might not be appropriate as one BAT was missing its original belt.

For reason said interested in the woven clasp with tools per 72.
    While I realise owner hand books are not always representative of production but this is what original book shows:
    IMG_2641.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
    ….BAT is just one market. I wouldn’t pay either of those prices on BAT or here on the forum. I can afford to make that choice because I already have a kit that is 100% unrestored original and in better overall condition than either of those.
    In that context interesting to see the kit with red reversible handle with notches and with the DIN wrenches sell on BAT — different to kit that came with and is still in in my original RS! Up to the buyer to look into details of what they choose to buy I suppose

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 12-29-2023 at 11:45 AM.