Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recaro rallye 1 - high bolsters - with sliders

Recaro rallye 1 - high bolsters - with sliders

I have a single recaro rallye 1 seat abailable.
    Its the shell with high bolsters, eyelids on the back and screwed on headrest guides, the early type. Unfortunatly it has been reupholstered and it has been done incorrect for this seat. In the process the steel wires running through the upholstry were lost. The seat cover is glued on and stapled on the sides. Seat shell is in grrat condition, no cracks.
    Seat looks really nice witg this upholstry though, its done with vinyl and alcantara centers. Headrest is later recaro, should be a regular D-shaped. Sliders are there, but legs are removed. If you just want a cool seat to use now and restore maybe later on to match whatever seat you put in as passenger seat, this is the seat for you. If you want fully original better look further or be prepaired to spend some extra time and money on this.

Selling it for $2200 shipped
    Attached Images Attached Images
    =========================================
    2.4T 1972 Targa - Tangerine German Delivery Ölklappe
    2.4T 1973 Coupe - Golden Green 911ST with 2.8 MFI TwinPlug
    1.7 1970 914-4 - Hell Elfenbein Weiss to be Sonauto GT with a Six
    Looking for engine #6522576
    Rgruppe #674

The seat was offered here in germany by the previous owner for a long time for little money. It's a shame you bought it, it's probably a replica seat. First you should check whether the holes for the original rivets are there. if not, it would be a clear indication that a replica is suspected. good luck! greetings Uwe

Uwe,
    Holes for the rivets are still in the shell, one rivet is still in there. Definitely an original shell., not sure what your 'probably a replica' comment adds here.
    Rgruppe #674

I just wanted to help you so that you don't end up with a disappointed buyer afterwards. If that's not what you want then no problem for me. Since you assure that it is "definitely" an original shell, you can rely on it ;-) By the way, in the now attached pictures 1 and 2 I don't see any holes for rivets. picture three is blurry. but you don't have to prove anything to me...

I just see some points on the seat that don't look original. I don't want to discuss it any further - just wanted to point it out to you.

good luck with the sale!

regards uwe

Alex wrote me again via PM that it is an original Recaro. I can't say 100% based on pictures. Some things on the seat don't look original. But as I've said several times, it's always difficult to judge from pictures. I don't want to spoil Alex's deal and since Alex guarantees the originality. He also said himself that the seat is not for originality freaks - this applies to the current condition. So I'm out of it.

regards uwe

Quote Originally Posted by recarno View Post
    The seat was offered here in germany by the previous owner for a long time for little money. It's a shame you bought it, it's probably a replica seat. First you should check whether the holes for the original rivets are there. if not, it would be a clear indication that a replica is suspected. good luck! greetings Uwe
    Did you have to mention 'offered here in germany by the previous owner for a long time for little money' and then presume they're fake? I'm sure people are allowed to make a profit if one finds a treasure.
    Like you, you bought your seats a long time ago for 'very little money' as well and selling them for big dollars. Your expert advice (not the sabotage a person's sale type) is always appreciated nonetheless.

I didn't have to mention anything, but when I did, there was a reference to "long time" in connection with a low price (about 1/2 of the normal price = 2 seats). Such bargains are usually sold in Germany in just a few minutes. Since the offer existed for several days and the seller also reduced the price twice, it also suggests that many people didn't buy. I don't care how much profit Alex makes. But I would again ask that there be no further speculation so that the seller can make his deal.
    regards uwe
    Last edited by recarno; 03-04-2024 at 12:18 AM.

Since this seat now has been earmarked as probably a repro I have decided to take it off the market until further notice. I've taken it apart partially today to show what is under the upholstery so that the 'judges' can discuss what the seat is. Apparently that is a step I missed in the process of offering a seat for sale. The moderator is free to move this tread elsewhere.

Pictures of the cutoff sliders, the entire U secrion is removed.
    Pictures of the 2 holes in front of the shell where the hooks od the steel wire go, that is in the edge of the original upholstry.
    Picture of the platic rivet pieces that were still in the shell

More to follow
    Rgruppe #674

Some more pictures of the holes for the plastic rivets on the side of the shell that hold the original upholstry steel wire in place.
    Holes in the upper back of the shell between the headrest guides, two for the steel wire and two for the flap of the upholstry to cover the steel wire and the edge of the shell.

More to follow
    Rgruppe #674

Pictures of the foam pieces under the upholstery, as said in the listing, its not done in the right way, they also added an extra layer of foam on top of the original molded foam pieces, wich makes the seat look much more bulky. It's nut glued on very tightly, so it can be removed.
    Also on top of the back of the shell there is a harder more sturdy type of foam to cover the headrest guides.
    The bottom seat cushion is molded and has a couple of factory added holes. (My other recaro seats have that too)
    The back seat cushion is not original anymore, the side molded pieces have the shape of the bottom of the bucket molded in them, like they should have. In the shell there are sharp steel hooks along the side to clamp the steel wire that is in the sewing of the side pieces of the upholstry.
    Rgruppe #674