Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recaro rallye 1 - high bolsters - with sliders

The shell itself, semi gloss on the outside, somewhat whitish/yelowish (really dont know how to describe this) on the inside. The same as my other recaro's
    Attached Images Attached Images
    =========================================
    2.4T 1972 Targa - Tangerine German Delivery Ölklappe
    2.4T 1973 Coupe - Golden Green 911ST with 2.8 MFI TwinPlug
    1.7 1970 914-4 - Hell Elfenbein Weiss to be Sonauto GT with a Six
    Looking for engine #6522576
    Rgruppe #674

Based on the pictures I can clearly confirm that it is an original Recaro. You have to find out for yourself whether you overdid it with the disassembly. I hope I could help a bit. regards uwe

I already established it was an original seat before I took it apart, but my assesment obviously does not hold any value...
    Rgruppe #674

Hey, I believed you before you pulled it apart.

I would have judged in the same way Uwe did. It was unimaginable for me how it is possible to hammer the shown staples into the original shell of a Recaro bucket, but there exist a series of repros round the Rallye1 family where the material is much softer as the original and there the cover is fixed with staples. Tja never stop learning.

Best
    Michael

The only thing I have not commented on yet is the in my opinion a bit suggestive Price remark.
    First I was not aware of the seats being offered for a long time, I bought them when the add I responded to was online for a day and did not pay "little money" for it.
    It was offered as a set of 2 seats and I was not really after a Recaro, but was interested in the other seat in the package and took a huge risk on that because it was uncertain if that seat was what it was claimed to be. It looked like an early Scheel 300 with bottom cut out, that could be a project seat that needs a ton of work (= money) to get back into its original state. If it was a replica or a 'non cutout' that was cutout afterwards, it would be ready to be scrapped. I'm only after such a seat because I'm knee deep into a 914GT replica project, so I took a chance on it, figuring I could probably recoup most of my money by selling the Recaro anyway.

When I got both seats I assessed them, and found the Recaro in pretty good condition, something that could make someone happy to have in his car.
    The Scheel on the other hand is much more work then anticipated and I'm not sure I'm going to have that seat redone because of the amount of work involved. The shell is distorted on the bottom where they made the cutout and extra holes were made for whatever reason, so it goes on the shelve until I have the stomach for it...

I believe I had priced the Recaro at fair market value, but maybe proof is needed of the actual transaction, which I'm also happy to give.

So in future If someone wants to know something about what I'm selling just PM me instead of making comments without checking with me first.

(ps. I would appreciate if the suggestive comments in this add would be removed, It makes me look like a bad seller)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rgruppe #674

Quote Originally Posted by 911int View Post
    I would have judged in the same way Uwe did. It was unimaginable for me how it is possible to hammer the shown staples into the original shell of a Recaro bucket, but there exist a series of repros round the Rallye1 family where the material is much softer as the original and there the cover is fixed with staples. Tja never stop learning.
    Best
    Michael
    Michael,
    I do not mind people asking questions or asking for more pictures etc. What I do mind is putting in suggestive language, stating it was bought for little money and stating that it is probably a replica before even checking anything with me. If people know how to PM me if they want to sell me something, they can also PM me if they want more information. I hope we can just settle this tread with the conclusion that If you decide to react on someone's post, check your facts, check your language, don't presume.
    Rgruppe #674

Alex, I have no problem with the moderators deleting my posts (as you requested). But it would be a shame, because then you wouldn't be able to read that I actually wrote several times that I just wanted to help you. Somehow you understood it differently, of course I'm sorry. But even after reading it several times, I can't figure out how you're basing this on it. I can't find any statement from me anywhere that the seat is DEFINITELY a replica. I couldn't rule this out based on the first photos.I already wrote that it is now clear that it is a recaro. I suspect that the translator constructed some "bad" word from my German statements in English and then for you in Dutch. That would be a shame and it's not in my interest. Unfortunately, it happens quite often that the Google Translator has a somewhat strange choice of words for me, which I then try to correct with my poor school English. I also replied to your PM that I was concerned about the seat and not about you as a person. This would also be nonsensical - this is about Porsche and not about personal matters. So if you call me the "bad word", I can delete it if you like.

once again here: good luck with the sale!

regards uwe

Addendum: When I read this message now (translated from German into English via Google, then posted and translated back into German using translator, I have to smile again at some of the words). It's just that you can't take things like this seriously (ich-habe-geschrieben-"auf-die-goldwaage-legen-kann" übersetzer macht seriously draus...). We are talking about three languages ​​here. So let's be clear again: nothing against you personally, it was just about the seat - And that's what a forum like this is for
    Last edited by recarno; 03-05-2024 at 02:27 AM.