Thread: Hot Air Hose

Hot Air Hose

I’m cleaning up the heating air supply components on my ‘72 911 and trying to confirm what hose was originally used. Can anyone verify if the hose shown on the right of the attached photo is original?

From the PET, the hose part number for my ‘72 is 902-211-922-20. I ordered what is advertised to be “concours correct hot air hose”. But as shown on the left side of the same photo, the ribbing is significantly different than the old hose. It also bunches instead of providing a smooth radius between the hot air box and heat exchanger.

Online, I found some SCAT-10 aircraft hose that seems to look more like the old hose. https://skysupplyusa.com/ Before ordering yet another hose, I thought I would check with the ESR experts.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Name:  IMG_4390.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  113.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by McOtto; 03-05-2024 at 05:59 AM.
    1972 911T Targa
    1985 911 Carrera (with circa 1988 RUF 3.4L 260 hp DIN Engine Kit)

I’ve been happy with the hose from aircraft spruce

Quote Originally Posted by Dg567 View Post
    I’ve been happy with the hose from aircraft spruce
    Thank you, Dg567. Does anyone know if the old hose in my photo is the original design?
    1972 911T Targa

I checked my Workshop Manuals and found this photo included with the Adjusting Heater Controls section. The ribbing and reinforcing string configurations in the photo seem to visually confirm my hose is original. If anyone sees things differently, let me know.
    1972 911T Targa

Your old hose was correct. Aircraft SCAT hose is correct.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Your old hose was correct. Aircraft SCAT hose is correct.
    Thank you edmayo! Very helpful, authoritatively informative, and specific as always. I appreciate that!

With the correct original hose type confirmed, it appears Thermoid® Aeroduct® SCAT-10 (2.5” I.D.) Single Ply Silicone Coated Ducting – Red may be a very good form and function match. https://www.thermoid.com/wp-content/...ts-Catalog.pdf

I have reached out to Thermoid® for confirmation and availability. Attached for visual reference is an in situ photo of my installation after being cleaned up.
    1972 911T Targa