I am the new owner of a beautiful chartreuse 73 911 E with a recently rebuilt engine/tranny and a bare metal paint job approx 5 years ago. The interior is the only area that needs real attention. The prev owner had removed all the carpet and rear seats because of poor condition and to lighten it up for the autox. Original interior color was brown, but I would like to convert it to black. My question is will this hurt the value/originalty of the car? The 911 E probably isn't as rare as an S, but it does have the full S options and the engine was rebuilt using JE pistons, and higher performance components to give it S power (dyno 161 hp at the wheels). The sport seats need recovering, and it will need new carpet and door panels. Also, I like the RS door panels for their simplicity-would it be unwise to use the RS door panels for the restoration? I already ordered an original dash to replace my cracked dash. Any advice would be appreciated, as I have only owned the car for three weeks and would like to make the wisest decisions before I spend the money and effort to restore the car's interior. Thanks

David Proctor
73 911 E
Nashville, TN