Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LED tail lamps

TRE and Rennspeed Motorsports both carry them, I'm pretty sure.

The problem with my sources is that they were personal favors by guys who don't do this commercially, at least yet. I've sent an email to the guy who did the backing plates seeing if he wants to sell them more widely. I'll post his info if he does.

The Hella lights are stock pieces, but I think they're only commonly available in Europe. The parts numbers are easy, the sourcing is hard. In my case, a guy walked down the street to his local shop in Switzerland and then shipped them to me. Again, there's got to be a place in Europe that would ship these internationally. I just haven't found it yet.

TRE infor@tremotorsports.com

Rennspeed rennspeed@4dcomm.com

My total cost was $55/side. GT Racing charges more than that (by a factor of 5?), last time I checked.

The source on the 911R-style fiberglass plates says he will sell additional sets for $50 a pair, plus shipping from South Africa. This is a specialty item, so he's not going to get rich at that price. I think he's working on also getting a source for the Hella light assemblies, although I don't know what he'll charge for those.

His name is Francois Pretorius, and his email address is: johnabbot@worldonline.co.za

Thanks for the info, Jack.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Thank you Jack.
    (the other) Jack
    1972 911S- viper green
    1970 914/6- tangerine