Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to stick Weltmeister sticker?

glaverbel911

Decals

1970 and 1971 model years had the Weltmeister decals mounted in the front window. Rear quarter window applications didnīt begin till the 72 model season.

Robert.

pwd72s

Re: Decals

Robert's right on the weltmeister decal. I remember tearing the "advertising" from the front windshield of my then new 1970 911T. So, does anybody remember where the "shell" decal was placed on the air cleaner of earlier (than '72) models? Or, did they even have this decal? Darned if I can remember...

bulldog

Re: Decals

Re: Shell decal. Is it correct for 72S and, if I may ask, for 1970 914/6?
    Thanks!
    Jack

glaverbel911

Shell decal

The Shell decal was used for all 911 models, 72 and 73, and 914/6 of 72ī..... 914īs are not my area of knowledge. Iīm not sure if the decal was applied to the 914/4.
    Iīve heard rumor that a few late 71īs (911) had the decal but I canīt confirm for sure. Also, I would probably suspect that some 74 Euro Carreraīs with the MFI motor came with the decal. My 74 did, but also could be a rare case. It was the 73 Frankfurt IAA showcar, chassis #012, production #0004. The car was built very early in 73, more or less along side the regular 73 911 models.

Iīm most certainly sure the 1970 cars never came with the Shell Oil decal...
    Hope this helps ya out.
    Robert.......

bulldog

Re: Shell decal

Thanks for the help, Robert. If I understand your response correctly, the Shell sticker would be correct for my 1972 911S, but not for my 1970 914/6, as it uses the same engine type as the 1969 911T. Did I interpret your post correctly?
    Thanks.
    Jack

glaverbel911

SHELL

Thatīs right...
    Rob.

thback

Shell decals

I'm jumping in here, have seen two different types of Shell decals; One fully yellow, with red striping and text (as on the 911S Registry site) and one with basic white color, with yellow and red text/logo. Would this last one be the later type? (after 1973?).

Thanks
    Tom

pwd72s

Re: Shell decals

Tom, you're right...the basic white (good way to describe it, btw) shell decal is for those "new" cars...

thback

decals

So, useless... ;-)

Thanks Paul, have some "owiginal matters" to ask you again..

T.

pwd72s

Re: decals

Whoos...I'd better check my e-mail..