Thread: Road Tire Recommendations

Chuck Miller

Road Tire Recommendations

OK, I give up … can not find 215x60x15's Yokohama AVS Intermediates for the back of my Carrera flared 73-S.

I love them - have had 4 sets since 1990...

Yokohama has discontinued them AND I didn't get in on the Tire Rack blow out.

So... I'm looking for an 'Ultra Performance' tire that will give me the same characteristics as the AVS's in the same size (215x60x15's rear and 205x60x15's front) AND are not toooo expensive (I'm pretty hard on them plus 2 degrees of neg. all-round doesn't help the ware either)

Will not be using them for the track ( have another set of 7's and 8's with Kuhmo DOT's) and certainly have no concern if they look period correct.

Please help me with my AVS Intermediates replacements.

Thanks,
    Chuck

Roland Kunz

Hello

The only comparable tires are the RE 71 NO, however in germany they run around 240 € a piece wich is for many people to expensive ( some shop 4 tires for there Porsche with that money ).

The german Yokohama catalouge still shows AVS ( 50i ? ) tires for use on mercedes and audis ( 93 rate plys ). Must check on tirerack or yokohama.com

Grüsse

SweetE

Chuck, you may want to try the Yokohama AVS ES100

Tire Rack has your size - 215/60/15 for $77.00/tire

Similar Threads

1. San Francisco / Wheel Tire Recommendations
    By jbmccandless in forum General Info
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-07-2021, 08:22 AM
  2. Tire place scratched my deep 6 fuchs - recommendations??
    By lexatola in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-04-2013, 05:41 PM
  3. tire recommendations
    By wsf80 in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-14-2012, 06:25 PM
  4. Road and Track Tire Size Article
    By BBausser in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 01:18 PM
  5. 6 & 7's Tire Recommendations