Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Certificate of Authenticity

Smadman

Certificate of Authenticity

Bad news all...

WARNING: The price for the Certificate of Authenticity is rising to $70.00, so if you've been holding off NOW IS THE TIME TO ORDER ONE.

OK, so maybe that is over stated. It is still quite the price hike though. By the way, it seems that PCNA has subcontracted the searches to a company in Georgia.

Regards;

Mark ****inson
    Calgary, Alberta

PNW 73S
    Interesting info, Mark. Coincidentally, I sent my request in last week.....undoubtably due to my keen "Spidey Senses" anticipating the upcoming price increse. $35-45 seemed like quite a bargain, espcially coming directly from Porsche.
    So were you pleased with yours?

All the best,
    Tony

Smadman
    I ordered mine last Friday so it will be a while before I see them. The info comes from Porsche but it is a printing company in Georgia who compiles all the info (what little there is for the early cars). Mine may take a little longer than the 4 to 6 weeks since they will be mailed to Canada likely at bulk rates.

RSexS

Certificate of Authenticity and build number.

Does the PCNA also issue a Certificate of Authenticity for European cars, or is it only for cars exported to the States ?
    I have been told that it is pretty hard to get a CoA from Porsche in Germany, if PCNA can get it than I'll go for it.

I read in a magazine that Porsche placed the build number of an early 911 somewhere near the ashtray, I have been looking everywhere but still unable to find it, any ideas?

Smadman
    If your car is from the 67 and earlier series you'll have to remove the knee pad to find the number. It should be the same as the serial number found on the door jamb, front plate, and luggage compartment. Be careful! The shafts that mount the knee pad to the dash are poorly spot welded into place. I think the nuts are 8mm. I managed not to break away any when I removed the pad to check the number on one of my cars, however one had already broken free by soemother menas prior to removal (and to my owning the car). In my case the correct 307787S is stamped into the metal. It appears to have been hand done since the alignment is less than perfect - much less.

It will be interesting to see if PCNA can provide a certificate for 307787S since it was a European (I think Germany) delivery car. I'll let you all know as sson as I get them.

Mark

ccandgc
    I ordered my COA several weeks ago.....hopefully it didnt get lost in the mail! I hope the send it out soon too!!

ChadC
    71 911S Targa

RSexS
    My car is a RS from 4/1973, will the build number still under the knee pad?

glaverbel911

build #, production #

The build number is still under the knee pad in the RS. But it has no relation to the serial number. It's just the car's production number, or in other words, in what order it came off the assembly line.......My 'S' is a 04/73 car as well. I'll dig up the # for your comparisons. we'll be able to tell how far apart our cars were on the line

Chuck Miller

> build #, production #

I have a 4/73-S as well ... # 1099

Chuck

thback

COA

Hi guys,

The Certificate for European owners can be ordered through Porsche Classic, will cost you Euro 80, so the prices you all are mentioning are not that expensive (relating to Euro vs. Dollar rate). It is called "Urkunde".

You'll probably get one in German.... I think they both are spitting in the same database, so don't think there's a difference in basic data (so don't expect a problem getting info of a European car in USA).

My S is from April 1973, chassisnumber is 9113300981. Production number I will check. There's no relation between chassisnumber and productionnumber.

Fyi the productionnumber is also written in yellow on the upperside of the dashboard, above the speedo.

I heard someone say something about "Wolfgang" doing work after some lagers (decal placement); On my car Wolfgang made a mistake, wrote down a "5" instead of a "7" on the dashboard, while the stamped number has the "7".. Would this "mistake"make the car more collectable? ;-)

Tom