Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Include pics with message

mrimorton

Include pics with message

Hello,
    I'm trying to include pics but I'm having difficulties. I have looked at Post A Link in the left column and To Make an Image Within a Post, but it doesn't tell me much. I need full instructions. Can anybody help?

Also, when I click reply, the subject box appears blank which means I'd have to type it up again. Doesn't look anybody else suffers from that. Strange!

Help will be much appreciated. Thanks,
    Ian

Chuck Miller

Include pics with message

Ian,
    You are definitely not alone… our message board has ‘eaten’ part, or all of my messages many times. Haven’t used the boards spell check for weeks (I found THAT was the easiest way to be eaten) and, as for the picture option… well, Sherwood has many hands to hold.

Don’t give up bud, you post good stuff!

Chuck

ccandgc

Re: Include pics with message

I must be dumb or something...but I dont get it! Do I need to have my pix on a website somewhere for the HTML code to go and get? Can I just load the pix from my ZIP drive??

TIA,
    ChadC

71 911S Targa

911SRegistry

Inserting images

Here's a thread that explains the code to insert an image with your message.

pub120.ezboard.com/fearly...ic&index=2

Yes, the file (jpg format) has to be somewhere on the internet in order to insert it here. EZBoard's planned service that would allow you to upload an image from your computer has not been implemented.

Here are the steps to get to EZBoards image directions:
    1. Select "Add Reply"
    2. On the left column, select "Use EZ Codes"
    3. Select option no. 2, "Image Within a Post"
    4. A menu appears with instructions to insert an image from an internet site.

Hope this helps,
    Early 911S Registry web

mrimorton

testing testing

pub120.ezboard.com/monkey.jpg

mrimorton

No, failed.

Does it only work from a web-site? I don't have my own web-site. Can it come from hard drive (C ?

Ian

911SRegistry

Images

mrimorton,
    Yes, the image has to be already on an internet site. There are many free sites available to store your pics.

Early 911S Registry web

mrimorton

uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/mr...%26.view=t

mrimorton

Today I have put some pics in my Photo Yahoo but still don't know how to make a link.
    I'm not computer trained, so I would like to have instructions in plain English. What is URL? What is HTML?

Ian

911SRegistry

Inserting a link

The URL is a location on the internet e.g. "<a href="http://www.google.com"">www.google.com"</a>

HTML is text code used to create/format internet pages using an HTML editor or other web page creation software.

To insert a URL link in a message, merely write the URL in your message. EzBoard may shorten the URL others see. In the above example, you may not see the httpprefix before the www

This only works for a link to an internet site, e.g. the location of a page (with or without images) on a website. If you want to display an image directly on this page, go to the "Use EzCodes" option after clicking on the "Add a Reply" menu.

Hope this helps,
    Early 911S Registry web