Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuchs wheel refinishing

caproader

Fuchs wheel refinishing

Guys,

Where did I see the/a technical article on refinishing my 73 6x15 Fuchs? When I heard $200/wheel, I decided to try this myself. Thanks.
    John aka caproader

Chuck Miller

Fuchs wheel refinishing

John, you might have read it in 101 911 projects.

I finished my other set (track) of Fuchs myself about 2 months ago. Man, I don't know how much your time is worth but ... 'it's no walk on the beach!' The next time I will let the pros do it. Shop around, but Weidmans Wheels up in Oroville, Ca (530) 534-7903 does the best work I've ever seen.

Good luck,
    Chuck

caproader

Fuchs refinishing

Chuck: Thanks for the tip. I will look at 101 projects and call Calif. Thanks again
    John

JackOlsen

Save your fingers

Polished and painted in the old style is $50-75 a wheel (and worth every penny, IMO). More for anodized. Al Reed Specialty Polishing in Anaheim.

wws911s73
    I just had my 73S wheels refinished by Wheel Enhancement and they did an outstanding job.

bulldog
    Harvey Weidman has refinished three sets of Fuchs for me. He's the best, in my opinion. If you want the wheels restored to original factory specs, I don't think anyone can do it better.

caproader

request for tel #'s

Jack and Bulldog:
    Do you have a tel # or e-mail address for these guys?
    Thanks. John

bulldog

Re: request for tel #'s

Harvey Weidman is 530-534-7903 in Oroville, CA.
    Jack

thback

refurbish Fuchs

Just make sure the wheels are VERY WELL polished when you offer them for anodizing. Only polished they look good, but when anodizing, bad spots come out (white pitting). Just a tip. Have some experience with refurbishing Fuchs's.

T.

JackOlsen

Al Reed Polishing

Al Reed Specialty Polishing
    3010 East Coronado Street
    Anaheim, CA 92806
    Main Phone: (714) 632-3907