Thread: Km/h speedometer

72narrow

Km/h speedometer

Hi,
    I am looking for km/h speedometer for my '72 911S.
    Does anybody know where I can get.
    Thank you.

elferhelfer
    you can often find one in german ebay (www.ebay.de). Alternate i think you can also buy a new one at your porsche dealer...
    the next i know ar the german-speaking forums like www.elfertreff.de, most of them speaks english too...

lilacRS
    if your local dealer doesn't have one, another option is to have your gauge rebuilt by a place like Palo Alto Speedo. they can easily do the conversion. their website is at: www.paspeedo.com/porsche.htm.

schmidt

gauge

Is your car a european car, and you are looking to make it correct?

72narrow

Re: gauge

My 72-S used to be a US version.
    I have been replacing the US version parts with the Euro ones.
    The left parts which shoud be replaced are speedometer and oil temp/pressure gauge. I am looking for these parts which shoud be in good conditions.

schmidt

European spec

Dont forget about the ventalation control, the heat and throttle controls, safety belt and buzzer system with warning light, the safety belts and recievers, the hazard warning system, the switch knobs, fuel tank ventalation and all assosiated brass tunnel tubes and front trunk inner fender inlet and outlet brazed tubes, the engine shroud, all of the lighting including all of the assemblies not just the lenses are unique an vary depending on which european market the car is from. Also all of the placards in the engine compartment as well as the drivers manual are unique. I know that there are a couple of other things that I can remember right now that have to do with the various chassis panels. I will keep my eye out for the gauges for you.

elferhelfer

Re: European spec

In German Ebay you can find one under
    cgi.ebay.de/aw-cgi/eBayIS...1685662318
    You have to know, that the Prices in Germany are now Euro (1 US$ is About 0,90 €)

Rick Cabell

correction

I don't mean to be a nick pick,but it's the other way around. One euro= 90 cents

elferhelfer

Re: correction

oh!!! excuse me!! Rick ist rigth!!! 1$ is more than 1€!!!

thback

km/h speedo

For what it's worth; Expectations are that in 6 months time, conversion rate will be 1:1 (Euro ollar)....