Thread: new antenna installation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    70flatsix

new antenna installation

New member, first post. Someone liked my antenna better than I did and helped themselves to most of it! I've purchased new antenna and would appreciate a little help pointing me in the right direction in removing remains of old antenna from the left fender and installing the new antenna. Thanks!
    70 911E

Roland Kunz

antenna installation

Hello

Is the antenna in the car a OEM unit ?

Is your new antenna a OEM unit ?

If yes then:

remove the lower support brace by unscrewing the bolt on the splashshield inside the front wing/A pillar. Then remove the big nut on the areal. After that open the door and finger the part out untill you can unscrew the connector for the antenna cable on the areal base.

Return all the same way and have some corrosion avoiding Bosche grease ( Ft 547 ? ) on the areal base where it makes ground to the underside from the wing.

Grüsse

70flatsix

antenna installation follow-up

Thank you for your assistance on the antenna replacement. You've made the task ahead much easier for me this weekend.

I spent several years locating what I felt was the "right" 911 to own and restore. The wealth of knowledge found within this web site forum was invaluable to me during my search. Thanks for all your time and wisdom! So far, I've found ownership of a Porsche 911E to be a joy!!

I have a 1970 911E soft window targa that is very original. I plan on maintaining the car as close to original as possible with normal updates and upgrades as time and money allow. While I am a "new" 911 owner, if I can ever help anyone answer a technical or general question about that year and model 911, please feel free to contact me any time.

70flatsix

Roland Kunz

antenna installation

Hello

If you are unlucky and the antennas are not Porsche OEM you maybe have to remove the door and thats best done by driving out the pins. Also most Antennas have fixed Antenna Cables witch lead to a other 30 minuts to pull that trough the A-Pillar and dash.

Softwindow Targa was a option in the 2,2 & 2,4 and was not selectet often..

Grüsse

72narrow
    Hello
    I have a used Bosch antenna mast for '72 and have been looking its attachments. If you do not need your old attachments, can I get them?
    Thank you

70flatsix
    72narrow,

I have not had the opportunity to work on the antenna replacement project as of yet, and don't really believe I will get to work on the car until after the holidays. I will save all of the old parts for you. Your email address is not listed under your user name. When you get the chance, send me an email with your contact information.

70flatsix

72narrow
    70flatsix,
    My e-mail address is mkonobu@mail2.netwave.or.jp

72Narrow