Thread: 72 911 gas tank removal---help!?

flatsix

72 911 gas tank removal---help!?

Please excuse my ignorance as I am new at this, but I need some help with the removal of the fuel tank on my 72 911T that I am prepping for club racing. My '76 targa has the three clamps with the allen bolts, but the tank in the 72 appears to have no clamps at all. Am I missing something here?

Roland Kunz

have no clamps at all

Hello

I would say someone forget them. 72 are the gray plastic covered clamps. You shoud see where they sat and the M8 bolt hole in the body.

The tank sits on "Süproband" with will stick and glue after all the years.

It could be that you had a plastic tank fittet with uses other clamps in other positions and so some turkey didn´t made a good job.

Grüsse

Similar Threads

1. Gas tank removal
    By Chris Pomares in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2012, 02:40 PM
  2. Oil tank removal. 68 Sporto
    By MrJTP2001 in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 03:02 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 07:24 AM
  4. FS - MFI AirBox/Throttle Stacks, Oil Tank, Vacuum Tank...
    By tgittens in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 12:08 PM
  5. SWB oil tank removal
    By Silverbullit in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2008, 03:27 PM