Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front bumper trim

Roland73S

Front bumper trim

I'm looking for a one-piece replacement front bumper trim. Is there a general consensus as to who sells the best reproduction piece? (Am I correct that it's NLA from Porsche?).

Thanks in advance.
    Roland

soterik

Front Bumper trim

I don't know if the original is NLA, but I know I have an NOS one in the bag, with an old Porsche part number tag on it, 901-505-045-51. It's the aluminum deco, with base gasket, no rubber insert, made in Germany.

Contact me if interested, elinden@earthlink.net

regards,
    Eric

Rick Cabell

911 front bumper trim-S type

I have been searching for early short or long wheelbase S bumper trim for over a year for my 3 cars. 67s, 68s,71s. The metal base trim is still available. It's the rubber piece that is unavailable NOS. I have posted on all boards willing to pay anything reasonable for the rubber. A month ago Schmitt was kind enough to sent me a ebay link for a complete one in the bag NOS. I won it for the low price of $65. I would have paid 5 times that. when I am in Germany next month I will search the dealers and see what I find. The after market quality is junk!! All of it. Good luck on your search.

heirplane

Front bumper trim

So you're the one who snapped that away from me on e-bay!

jkolesa

trim

have you all heard of a place called "International Mercantile" in del mar, ca (800-356-0012)?
    quoting from thier catalog: "..... a full service, in house, machine shop and fabricating facility. all rubber products are made of dupont nordel or dupont neoprene. oxidatino and ozone cracking are non-existant with these products."

thier catalog lists "bumper decorator strip insert- front 14mm wide" for $12

i have not purchased anything from them yet so i cant vouch for thier products but will try them out when i strip my 911 down next month.

heirplane

Front Bumber Trim

jkolesa, when you replace the front bumper trim rubber, please let us know the process/difficulty in replacing the rubber portion. And thanks for the information.

CBOYER
    1. The whole trim is still available as new from Porsche Ibought it 12 months ago part No 901 505 045 51

2. The rubber moulding was also available 12 months ago part No 901 505 405 51. Stoddard still list this part number if you want to try them

3. Fitting is a piece of cake you just need strong hands to pull the rubber over the centre of the alloy trim. Start at one end not in the middle

Happy to try the Aussie dealers where I got the others from if someone is really desperate but I think Porsche still have them.

Clyde Boyer

Roland73S
    Thanks for the info on the bumper trim. I wound up ordering it (901 505 405 51) from the dealer last week, $94. They said PCNA had it in stock. We'll see how it fits later this week. Hopefully it's OEM and not one of the ill-fitting reproductions I've heard of on this list.
    Cheers,
    Roland

Rick Cabell

S Bumper trim

Thanks for all the attempts to help. I am looking for S trim. 36 mm wide. It is unavailable anywhere for the short wheelbase cars. For long wheelbase it is available aftermarket,but the quality is poor. I called Int. Merc. and they said,sorry,can't help with S trim. I will keep looking. Thanks again

CBOYER

Re: S Bumper trim

Rick,

Unless I am mistaken the 71 S trim is the same as the 73 S trim and I am certain its still available. Can't help with the short wheelbase though.

Clyde