This is my first post to this board, though I have been a lurker for some time. I have a 1973 911S, all numbers matching to the factory build sheet. The rubber bumper over-riders were removed by a previous owner. My question concerns certain holes in my spoiler BELOW the wide bumper trim. There are app. 1/2 inch holes aligned below the inner corner of my left and right horn grills, which I believe are the holes for the rubber bumpers. Inside those, there are three horizontally alligned holes that appear to have something to do with the mounting for a front license plate--two widely spaced holes apparently for a European plate and one more centrally located. HERE IS MY QUESTION: there are two vertically alligned holes below the CENTER of the horn grills, the top hole being smaller (about 1/4) inch and the bottom larger (about 1/2 inch). Markings in the paint suggest that at one time there may have been some kind of bracket mounted to these holes. I have never seen them in a picture of any other S. Do any of you have these holes and, more to the point, know what they are for?

Thanks for your help!

SS