Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: window decals

CBOYER56
    Chuck thanks for the response just for the record its gidday mate. We have a dilema here. The road test I spoke about took place in, you guessed it, October 1973 which means the car would have arrived into Aussie land in late September. I do recall that an 73 E I owned had a similair decal but different to the 72/72 Can Am decal I speak of so maybe it was the earlier Weltmeister decal you mention. Love to know where to get the book you refer to it sounds a source of great info.

You might also give me some ideas on what parts of the interior trim were done in leather on a factory leather interior and did the recaro sports seats for 73 have perforated leather faces or were they plain as I was led to believe and seems to be the case in Brett Johnsons book.

Thanks for the prompt response. Your right this site is awsome I just wish I had found guys like you five years ago!

Clyde Boyer
    cboyer@bigpond.com.au

glaverbel911

window decals

Hi Clyde. The book that Chuck refer's to is the RS book. A great wealth of info on the 73' model year. It's a bit chunky in price. $$$.$$ But worth every penny.
    The sport seats had perforations in the centre pleats. One small detail which most seat restorations miss out on is that the last pleat at the back does not get perforated.
    I hope the photos of the decals I e-mailed you help with any confusion.
    By the way Chuck, the art work for the 72' Can-am decal is near complete. I should have first-off's
    with-in the month. I'll e-mail you a photo as soon as I get them in. May-be we can work out some sort of deal for that Monterey decal.
    Regards, Robert.

Chuck Miller

window decals

Clyde, Robert pretty much covered it .... the cool book
    retailed for about $225.00, I got mine from a book dealer at a auto-lit fair years ago for about $175.00
    They just reissued the book again (the original batch were all numbered) I think you can get the new issue for about $175.00.
    As for what exactly was leather in a 'leather interior' option car... I'm not precisely sure, never found a definitive list of interior parts that were optioned leather... hopefully someone will jump in and tell us
    exactly where we WEREN'T looking.
    However I do have the 1973 factory SAMPLES BOOK, ....
    very cool, it has all the color chips, and ALL the interior material swatches for seats, panels, carpets, and headliners. ..... If you need a reference, I have the 'standard source' with all the codes and numbers.
    Robert, I'll be looking forward to that e-mail buddy.
    Chuck

CBOYER56
    Guys the poor old Aussie book dealers need more help like Title and publisher before I can try to source this book.

Amazon list a book about all Rs Porsches but I am sure that not the book you are alluding to.

Thanks for the scans Robert I think my 73 E had the 72 only decal and it is possible that I am confusing the two decals as they are almost identical. The photo I have of my 73S on delivery is not quite clear enough to distinguish 72 only or 72& 73. Help!