Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modifying 911's

curtisaa
    Marc W- We have crossed paths before. I comprehend exactly what is being said and what was said. My S is stock..However, I really have to laugh at the reverence some owners give their cars. Ferdie, NEVER envisioned this moratorium crap that is being preached by these nuvo-riche new S owners. Please spare me the details of values. Then again I suppose that's where you separate the 2 camps. One camp, better known now as "Camp Cris"( R Gruppe)purchased our cars for the greatness of the "essence" of the Porsche experience. Conversely, there's "Camp Perfect" where every nut, bolt, strap, and color must be followed to the factory "owiginal" specs or death. Personally, if the VIN # of your car says it's an S, everything else is superfluous. See you around......

marcw58

Modifying 911's

Curtis,

I tend to agree with you and Cris. I don't look down at people who modify their cars... they are, after all the owners and can do whatever they want. Porsche's, new and old, are meant to be driven and they should be, but as I had stated earlier, each owner has bought the car for different reasons. If originality is an issue than I would venture to think that the purchaser is a collector. If as you say "If the VIN # of your car says it's an S, everything else is superfluous", then buy an "S" VIN car with a "T" engine and have a great time. You, inevitably, get what you pay for.

pwd72s

Re: Modifying 911's

sheesh. I thought we'd talked this out on the general discussion board. Anybody know of an "owignial" '65 goat out there? You know, "three deuces and a four speed, and a 389"? Gawd, I'm almost ready to defect from this early 911 thing, and I've been in it for over...well, a LOT of years. On the other board the discussion digressed to movie trivia and 1950's actors. Please...oh GAWD please, let's not go there again.

Smadman

a '73 for sale

Curtissa:

Selling your '73? That is a fine looking car (on a fine looking driveway). One question - WHY?

curtisaa

Re: a '73 for sale

Smadman...just read these postings. I'm a RGruppe fan now. I'm retro modifying my "old" 88 Carrera to a 73 RS look with a ROW 3.6 motor. S's are fun to drive, but after 18 years and now with "owiginal" rhetoric that you see in these postings it's someone elses turn for my car. Just fielding the emails and phone calls are time consumming. I've had people from literally ALL over the world email me about my car. The questions are not few. Some have lists of 20-30 ?'s. I have a business to run. If the chassis and motor #'s match, and there is no need for paint,interior, and motor rebuild what else is there to decide ??