Thread: What size tires to use for Autocross?

collier

What size tires to use for Autocross?

Hi everyone,

I have a question for those Solo II/Autocrossers out there. I have a 72 911T that I am preparing to autocross this summer, and
    need your opinions and experiences concerning tires.

I have a set of 15's that came stock on the car with brand new Yokohama 509's on them; my thought was to buy an additional set of
    wheels to have dedicated to autocross events.

I located and bought a beautiful straight set of OEM Fuchs, 6X7X16, thinking that I could wrap some Kumhos on them and be set.

Now the problem: Kumho V700's come in a 225/50zr16 PERFECT!!! for the rear; now I just need to order a set of 205/55 or
    50zr16 for the front, PROBLEM!!! Kumho doesn't make one in that size, argh!

Now what do I do?

Please advise with your personal experiences

thank you,

chris collier
    collier@iglou.com

ttweed
    Chris-
    I replied to this message on the General Discussion forum, so look there.
    TT

Similar Threads

1. An autocross video...
    By davewadd in forum General Info
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 07:00 AM
  2. Autocross mayhem!
    By A.T. in forum General Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 07:45 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 03:48 PM