Thread: Re: Early 911 paint colors

AIRCOOL

Re: Early 911 paint colors

I have a 1973 911 which I plan to paint after the upcoming driving season. The car was originally Olive (414). I don't think that I can live with that color but would like to use a period correct color. Any ideas where I could get paint color samples? Maybe a sales brochere from that era? I have the 911 Red Book but all that they give is color name and code. Thanks in advance.

marcw58

You can try AJUSA (ajusa.com). They have a book with paint chips available. You should also buy the Dr.Johnson early 911/912 Restoration Book. He illustrates all factory options and colors with coorisponding numbers as a cross reference.

Hope this helps.

Marc

soterik

I have a 1968 paint chip brochure that was available to customers, and a 1970 paint chip dealer booklet. I can bring them to the literature meet in LA in Feb for you to review. You can probably buy any year of these at the Lit meet in Feb....

AIRCOOL

Re: Early paint colors

Thanks for your help guys. Unfortunately I will not be at the lit show as I am an east coast guy.

Similar Threads

1. Special Colors aka 'Paint-to-Sample' . . .
    By LongRanger in forum General Info
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: 02-05-2024, 01:25 PM
  2. FS: NOS Genuine Porsche quart cans of paint - vintage colors
    By 9seriesguy in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-18-2013, 04:49 PM
  3. Special Colors paint sample book
    By Grun68 in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 07:14 AM
  4. Paint Colors?