Thread: Headlamps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    elfenbein

Headlamps

Does anyone know how to uprate the lights on the early 911?
    The stock 55/60W lights are very poor in relation to the performance of the car.
    I know that the switch has to be protected from higher current with a relay of some kind, but would appreciate any specific advice on doing this.
    Thanks

911L

headlamps... relays

Check out lighting.mbz.org/tech/how_to/relays/ for some info and diagrams on installing relays. I don't know about the 65-67? lights, but the 68? on U.S. lights can be upgraded to H4 either by replacing the sealed beam bulb (less expensive), or by replacing the hole assembly with the euro set-up. Once you have H4's you can get bulbs of many different wattages.
    Joe

elfenbein

Headlamps

Thanks for the reply; I'll look into it. Mine is a 69S with H4s and latest generation bulbs, but which have the same nominal output. They're a little brighter but when I go over 70mph the lack of illumination starts to be a limiting factor.
    I'd like lights that can cook a light meal from 30 feet away!!

Similar Threads

1. Nos h1 headlamps.
    By andrea70 in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 10:39 AM
  2. Marchal Headlamps
    By Matchless in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 07:17 PM
  3. headlamps for cibies
    By happytohaveone in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 2