Thread: ESSES question and the new forum

Question ESSES question and the new forum

Since I am a relitivly new member of the "S" registry and havent received a copy of Esses I was wondering how often they came out. Can I expect a new one soon, or should I get a couple back-issues on order to quell my need for reading material? Also, it seems to me that now that we have this nice board, we should be frequenting it more and boosting the posts. Why pick through all the SC stuff (ugggghh) on the Pelican Boards looking for early 911 info when we could put it all here? Hopefully it will take off. Thanks to everyone here that has already helped out so much, Dave Conklin
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

admin_old

Esses?

I moved your inquiry here as it might be easier to see by a board member who can answer your question better than I.

Regards,
    Early 911S Registry web

Our newsletter is published four times a year.

We try to get it out as close to these dates as possible: Feb. 15, May 15, Aug 15, and Nov 15.

Unfortunately, we're not always on time. It looks like the next issue will be out more toward the end of November than the middle.

Back issues are available. In fact they are ALL available, so you can have a complete set from day one if you want. At $5 each, it gets a bit expensive, though.

Anyway, welcome to the Registry!

Let me know if you have other questions.

Ted Mumm

Ted, How about a bulk discount price for all the old Esses?
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Very interesting!

Your request has touched off a bit of a controversy. Up until now, we have just sold the issues for a fixed price. If you want them all, if you want only one, same price, just multiplied by the total issues.

Now, however, we have a new question - discount for volume purchase!

We've been going back and forth via private email about the answer.

Looks like it will be a discussion and vote item on the next Board Meeting Agenda.

That's not until Nov. 9. If you can hold your breath until then, we may be able to save you some money (Or, maybe not!).

Ted

By the way, I used to live in Alliance, OH.

Is that anywhere close to where you are?

Ted

Ted, Im actually just south of Dayton.
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Esses bulk sale price??

I just lost out on a bulk sale price of old Esses (miscommunication/misunderstanding).... It was 29 issues for $50. Here's another vote for a bulk sale price... I've waited this long, Nov 9th is nothing (this year or next!). Or my $ goes towards credit card bills or some deal on S parts that I can't afford to pass up! Ha!

admin_old
    I noticed your question regarding archived Esses hasn't yet been answered. From our last board meeting it was decided there will be a 10% discount on the price for purchasing the entire Esses collection. That's 52 issues x $5 - 10%, or $260 - $26 = $234 + shipping. Contact M. Hammond to order.

You should also realize that some past issues are out of print. These issues are reproduced using the original masters and will be marked "repro" (or equivalent). Contact Ted Mumm for details.

Regards,
    Early 911S Registry web