Thread: R&R of front deco

Unhappy R&R of front deco

Hiya all,

Wanted to introduce myself to the die-hard keepers of the 'early' cars and pose a question. First, I am thrilled to find such a dedicated group to preserving and improving the early S's. IMHO, some of the best looking of P-cars (new turbo excepted!). I found a rough '73 in Hollywood CA and trucked it back to the Seattle area - Sammamish. The car had been neglected for years, so my project is restoring everything I can with out getting into the heavy mechanicals (915 and 2.4). Anyway it's a lowered white sunroof coupe with polished Fuchs and stock thru the grill fogs. I am loving every moment of working on it and better yet, driving it on the backroad twisties.

Now the question, I bought a new front deco strip that will replace the old one since I am removing the front bumper guards and would like to know how to drop the bumper. I found the nuts on the inside of the wheel wells, but how do I get to the well hidden nuts inside the trunk? Other tricks, BTDT? Thx, Rick

admin_old
    There are two fasteners on each side of the trunk area, forward of the battery boxes. You can access by removing plastic plugs. Remove or loosen these and the bumper should fall off.

Sherwood

Talk about feeling like a dolt! That was way too easy. Mentally I pictured the bolts going straight from the body to the bumper like my other European cars. Leave it to Porsche. Thanks again for the assist!

Similar Threads

1. SWB/LWB Front Bumper Deco
    By juche_namja in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2013, 04:03 PM
  2. WTB; SWB front deco
    By hesaputz in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2012, 04:10 PM
  3. 67S front bumper deco
    By steve shea in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 1