Thread: Speakers for Center Dash

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Speakers for Center Dash

I am interested in upgrading the center mounted speaker in the dash. As I have a 4 speaker capable head unit w/ two speakers in the rear, I would like to either mount two smaller speakers in the current center opening (NO Cutting!) or bridge one speaker for that opening. Has anyone done either of these things? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Todd Jenkins
    '57 300SL
    '73 450SLC
    '73 Carrera RS #93
    '98 MRoadster
    '99 K1200RS

Id be interested in knowing the correct size speaker that fits into the hole.

TIA!
    ChadC
    71 911S Targa

I don't know about the 'correct size' but I cut a piece of fiberboard to fit the opening (traced the original speaker) cut two holes and inserted two Boston tweaters. Not the greatest stereo separation, but they do sound good.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

good idea!
    ChadC
    71 911S Targa

Similar Threads

1. '74 Carrera - center dash vent?
    By Reid in forum Other Porsche Passions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2013, 06:10 AM
  2. '74 Carrera - center dash vent?
    By Reid in forum General Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2013, 03:58 PM