Thread: Rennspd and Lollipop shell

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar

Question Rennspd and Lollipop shell

Dear all,
    I Fancy lollipop seats. Originals are far too much expensive for me. I know Classiccarseats are distributing some, as well as Deser. As I pretty enjoy doing things by myself, specially clothing, carpeting, and leather work, I may consider buying a Lollipop shell from Rennspd. As anyone of you have bought something from Rennspd ? Any experience on Lollipop shell Clothing ?

Cheers
    Xavier
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

anyone ?.......
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

I would be inetrested to know as well.

the original was, I believe, two mouldings bonded together to give a great deal of strength and if the Rennsped shell has this construction it is a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by brakekiller View Post
    Dear all,
    I Fancy lollipop seats. Originals are far too much expensive for me.
    Cheers
    Xavier
    Hi Xavier,

Here is an interior shot of my '73:

It's a hollow shell resin lollipop on the drivers side with two shells bonded together - so very lighweight and extremely stiff. Patrick Zimmermann of DP Motorsport did it.

Cheers,
    Christian
    RGruppe #649
    Early911S #1788

I have experience with poor quality bumpers, and a few other things from RennSpd (if it is the same place I am thinking). I would not trust my safety to a rennspd seat. For that matter I would not trust a 30-40 year old original seat either!

I think Stefan at Classiccarseats is aware of the quality control needed to make a safe modern lollipop seat. You get what you pay for........
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    “If it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

Here's one, as delivered, in Matt Drendel's 934.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Christian,

Thanks for the contact, I will contact DP Motorsport, as there are not so far from me, I thought there were doing exterior FBG parts only. I like very much your combo of seats.

Scott, Wisdom is your day to day activity. Thanks for your experience.

Jim, Could you borrow the seat from your friend Matt ?

Any more experiences ?

Cheers
    Xavier
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Xavier, Matt Drendel had an amazing collection of turbocharged Porsche race cars. He frequently brought them to Porsche gatherings so that everyone had a chance to see the cars in static displays, and on track. I took the picture of the lollipop seat in his 934 at the 50th PCA Parade in Hershey, PA. Sadly MD passed away a couple years ago at age 35.

I wish that my friends had cars like Matt's, especially if they let me drive them occasionally.

http://dedeporsche.com/2012/02/06/fi...arch-9th-2012/
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garfield View Post
    Xavier, Matt Drendel had an amazing collection of turbocharged Porsche race cars. He frequently brought them to Porsche gatherings so that everyone had a chance to see the cars in static displays, and on track. I took the picture of the lollipop seat in his 934 at the 50th PCA Parade in Hershey, PA. Sadly MD passed away a couple years ago at age 35.

I wish that my friends had cars like Matt's, especially if they let me drive them occasionally.

http://dedeporsche.com/2012/02/06/fi...arch-9th-2012/
    Jim, I saw the auction sale in a french mag, was amazed by this "garage", did not know the owner died so young, sad indeed.
    However, I could have a similar seat as a 934 and may let you drive it, my pleasure
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407