Earlier in the day I posted a want ad for a source of bendix stickers to go onto a new fuel pump.
Last weekend I went to the Essen Auto Show in Germany. There is a racing supply house that had the exact fuel pump used on early 911 cars. The manufactures sticker said BENDIX on the cars originally. Now they say FACET. After I bought the pump thinking I was king of the hill for finding a source for NOS early pumps, I opened the box to see everything written in english. A further look showed that the pumps are made in ELMIRA NEW YORK!!!
I called directory assistance and got the phone #. The company was now Purealator. They bought Facet. Facet had bought BENDIX!! Isn't it odd that Porsche went to a U.S. company in Elmira new York back in the sixties instead of buying from their bed partner BOSCH!!
I spoke with a very helpfull man named Rich Rollins. He said this OE early Porsche pump can be bought at any NAPA store under part #610-1018.
Also,he said, " do you remember the old original Bendix back pedal brakes that were on all bikes made for decades?" "We invented those too". Small world we live in. He said that there were no BENDIX stickers left in the factory, so I am still looking for the repros.