Thread: hot cam like too

snowbound

Wink carb quest

Oops< I forgot to mention my carb question. The 901/05 engine with the S cams, is kinda...cammy, a little bit jumpy at lower rpms. There is however, a small (but noticeable) bang at about 5,200. Actually, I expected more with the cam cobo and smaller head ports. But, Oh well.

I expected some of that but it starts at first spark, takes an eternity (four minutes) while I must manually hold the accelerator until it warms to a nice even rpm, then produces an amazing amount of liquid from the exhaust. When parked it stinks. No, stronger word, floods the garage with gas fumes. Then there is the exhaust spray and puddle. (No jokes posted here)

Is this just 911 ownership, or should I be expecting more diffuculties with the S cams and italian carbs? Is there an ignition system should I be looking at?

I love it tho, Shawn/Snowbound

It was 50 degrees here today. Almost flooded.

I dunno about "hot cam like too" take it hotter?

did the car run well before you had it shipped?

sounds to me llike a float is hung up and dumpin' the fuel. or mr. mouse has munched on a fuel line somewhere. find the fuel problem asap.

determine the flooding problem before you bring new meaning to 'northern lights'.
    72 911t * 74 914 2.0

bad gas

I found out (was reminded) this morning that our local fuel suppliers put an additive into the fuel to decrease cold temperature emmisions. We, normally, experience cold weather inversions that cause high levels of smog within the city. The additive decreases the vehicles toxic emmissions and increases H2O emmision. I need to drain my tank and refuel with out of town gas and run her again.

Of course the weather conditions have changed and I may not get a chance until "spring".

Thanks, Shawn.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399