Thread: Rear parcel tray sheetmetal

Rear parcel tray sheetmetal

I posted this over on the Pelican board, not sure how many of you guys crossover...

anyway, I'm looking for the rear parcel tray sheetmetal...Does anyone stock this? anyone have a clippable pre-73 car that could donate some more?

thanks

Per
    http://www.classicautosport.net

Man,
    I think the factory used a 'fiberboard'... like the door panels
    I think I made my own out of 3/16" masonite
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thanks, but this is under the fiberboard, the top of the engine box/parcel tray/rear window surround area.

Per

Chuck, you mean it's not metal? The piece you see when looking straight down through the back window? Over 35 years with these cars, and I learn something new every day...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Sorry Per, now I got-cha

No, I've only see it as part of the unibody... might be a Porsche dismantlers deal... maybe EASY or PARTS HEAVEN

And... ya Paul, you old fart .. I think the ulpolstered tray up there is fiberboard underneith... hope to see you in May buddy...

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Parts Heaven

Easy didn't have any, Parts Heaven is checking.....kind of a PITA to drill out TWO sets of spot welds for all of the parts in question...but hey, better than fiberglass.

Per
    http://www.classicautosport.net

I had a great doner car that had no rust.
    Replaced the whole one piece panel right down to the rear floor board. (to include the rear jump seat area) Between the two cars, I drilled about 300 spot welds out. I suggest using real body shop spot weld drilling bit. Have a few sharp ones for back up. If I could shrink some photos I have I would post them. It took about 25 hours to complete the job. There is no sign it was ever done after the seam sealer was applied in the factory manner.

I've got the piece from Parts Heaven, a bit expensive, but restoration-design.com didn't have it....I also drilled out all of the spot welds and removed the original piece, cleaned up the area and am waiting for the clip to arrive from PH.

While I was in there, I removed all of the horsehair/factory sound deadening sheets. Pans are really solid and will onl require a nice coat of POR15 before the car goes back together.

I'll be documenting it for Classic Autosport...I've got some pics that I'll upload to http://www.classicautosport.net on monday.

Per

Per,
    Try Byron at 904-278-8574. I picked up a partial 1/4 panal from him today off a 76 911.{ I'm also finally doing rust repair.}
    He's got tons of 911/914 parts. Also try Stratton Auto in Orlando. Good Luck!

Kevin
    72 911T

I posted some more pics of what I'm doing at http://www.classicautosport.net, click on project car updates (left side of screen)

Per