Thread: Adding a CHMSL

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar

Adding a CHMSL

When driving my Pcars here in the land of Escalades, H2s and Excursions I cringe when coming to a stoplight and seeing the front bumper of these bahemoths closing in at the same level as my head.

I already have the brighter halogen stoplight bulbs installed. As a little added security, I've been considering the addition of a CHMSL (industry speak for center high mounted stop light) to my '73. Preferably the OEM one that sticks to the inside top of the glass so as to be removeable and as unobtrusive as possible.

Has anyone done this? Any tips on the best way to mount / route wires and where to tap into brake light wiring?

Any pics and or advice would be appreciated - TIA.
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

J- leave the city, head to the country, out here we just worry about F250s, but we don't stop too often, and they sure can't keep up!
    '71 911S Targa

Pelican has a good technical article on this procedure.
    http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...rake_light.htm

Sorry, am not conversant on how to turn URLs into short cuts.

I put one on my car in self-defense. It's tipped up to grab the high-rise driver's attention.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell