Thread: CDI unit

CDI unit

I am not sure just how old my Bosche CDI unit is. I have always though of carrying a used/rebuilt one for emergencies.
    I saw this thread from Rennlist.
    Has anyone tried this CDI unit from link? It is about the same size as the Bosche and Permatune. They make a 3 and 6 prong replacement. One of the sellers is in Costa Mesa at 949 646 7461.
    Opinions??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If I were going non-stock? I'd probably look into MSD as a replacement. As a spare? This ad says you'd need different mounting location...not easy to do along a roadside with the usual batch of emergency tools. So, even though expen$ive, as a spare? Might be best to carry an extra coil and a rebuilt factory CD unit. Easier to do a remove & replace when you don't have to do any alterations....especially by a roadside.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Thanks for the input. We are sharing the same thought.
    I like the stock look, everyone know what you have in there.
    Pelican Parts will rebuild a nonworking unit I was given for approx. $180.00, with a one year warranty. Ottos' will exchange for $350, liftime warranty.
    I will then carry the one in the car as my back up. Not knowing the age of the unit, I do not want to be stranded.

This new one by Link, I have never heard of. I guess not too many people have.

Similar Threads

1. FS: CDI unit for 2.4
    By carlito in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2013, 05:07 AM
  2. FS: 3 pin CDI Unit
    By denson in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 12:08 PM
  3. WTB 3 Pin CD Unit
    By 69S-S/R in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 0