I am looking for a complete front oil cooler set-up for my SWB 911 (non-spoiler). I assume that my options are limited to a fender mounted oil cooler (non trombone). I have seen a few companies selling OEM coolers for 1974 and newer model 911's which mount under the right front fender. I am told that these will also fit early SWB 911's. This seems to be what I need to buy. However, I am also in need of the rest of the hardware, pipes brackets, thermostat, etc. Anyone have an extra set-up available, or any leads on where I can find these cheap?
I checked out Elephant Racing who specializes in this stuff, but they are VERY expensive. They have a patent pending on finned oil lines which they contend doubles the cooling ability of the front oil cooler. They want $650 for their finned oil lines alone. Based on their pricing, it seems that they are marketing to the high end racing crowd which may be a little overkill for my needs.
I have a 2.4S engine with low miles which I am just now breaking in. It is running warm for me in South Florida and with the 90 degree plus high humidity weather the engine temp is leveling off at around 215-220. I know that this is within acceptable limits, but will not be good for the engine over time.
How much can I expect the front oil coooler to bring down my engine temp? Also, I realize that the engine shroud currently on my engine is the early 2.0 liter style which does not have not the cooling duct leading to the on engine oil cooler. How much heat reduction could I expect if I switch to a later model shroud with the duct?
All thoughts and suggestions are welcomed