I am currently attempting to mitigate a big concern of mine (rear end collisions ) by optimizing my brakelight performance. Don't mean to SUV bash like some, but the big ones make me paraniod when looming large in the rearview!

I have bought new lenses, brighter halogen bulbs and will be installing a low profile LED CHMSL as seen in this Pelican thread.

My only remaining challenge is that my brakelights don't come on until after quite a bit of pressure is applied. I checked into the pedal assy mounted switch, it seems to work ok, but doesn't click until after quite a bit of travel. I thought I could bend the mounting flange to change the angle of the switch so it would actuate sooner, but the mounting flange has excellent structural strength to it (thanks Stuttgart) and ain't movin.

As a temporary band-aid, I put a thin wedge under the switch to change the angle and tightened it down. This helps, but still is not actuating soon enough and will only go so far. If I am in stop and go traffic, needing light brake pressure - the lights still won't go on.

My question(s) (finally) is this:

Will a new switch actuate sooner and take care of this? I'd like to know before ordering a $30 switch I may not need.

Do I instead need to adjust by brake pedal height? It's even with the clutch now and doing this doesn't seem right-but it may help heel&toeing. If so, what is the procedure?

Has anyone experienced / solved this issue? I have searched other boards and not found the specific answers I seek. I want those lights to come on right away!

Thanks in advance, my a$$ end is in your hands - so to speak.