Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Early 911 Colors

Originally posted by beginner
    How about leaf green? Let's see a picture as I've never seen it...
    You really don't want to see this color. It's the worst of the greens that they did imho. Everyone knows that Ferry Porsche's favorite color was green and thus there was always a green (Irish Green as I understand it) in the palet.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I actually like leaf green. There is a concours Euro '68 T in the PNW in this color that is gorgeous.

Originally posted by a911s
    There is a concours Euro '68 T in the PNW in this color that is gorgeous.
    Got a picture?

No, sorry - it's either under a car cover or in the wrong light when I have my camera. Imagine a green that is a pale olive with a bit of grey in it.

No, sorry - it's either under a car cover or in the wrong light when I have my camera. Imagine a green that is a pale olive with a bit of grey in it.
    Watered down pea soup is the best description I can give. I'ts a Martha Stewart kind of green. I never thought it looked good on a car. Maybe a floral print curtain, but never a car.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Sithot and Beginner, sorry I was mistaken - actual color name for the car I described is Sea Green. Pictures by Mark P are on Pelican 911 Technical BBS now.

Sea Foam Green. Pictures by Mark P are on Pelican 911 Technical BBS now.
    and linked here for ease of access:
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

...and the rear shot

Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Boy, this one has all the cheese (frommage for you scholarly types). I actually like it but it's not my first choice in the way of green. Nice pictures. Thanks.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111