Thread: New and Looking for help & resources

New and Looking for help & resources

Hi!

I'm new to this forum and the Porsche world (done a couple of fiat restorations, as well as a wooden boat). Now I have a new project - a 911S. I inhertited this car, my goal is to get it drivable and enjoy it, possibly sell it. There is a little rust on the doors, but everything else is OK, so if it runs it should be a nice driver.

The car sat in a driveway for about 5 years so I have lots of potentially failed systems to deal with. So my questions are around the steps/things to look for in bringing it back to life. Here's a run-down of my observations and questions:

Fuel System:
    -I've already started cleaning out the fuel system (remove tank & clean, replace filter, etc)
    -There wasn't any water in the old fuel, but it was pretty foul
    -My research shows the MFI to be pretty fussy - what should I do to it

Electrical system:
    Battery replacement

Brakes
    -No fluid in resevior - probably need a new Master Cylinder
    -Car still rolls - think the wheel calipers have survived? What about parts resources?

Oil
    -Change it
    -Anything else?

OK, comments/suggestions please
    Thanks for your help

Here's the specs on the car
    Year: 1972
    Model: 911S - MFI

sitting car

My experiances with cars that have been sitting for a long time is grim. Even more the ones that have been outside!
    The brake rotors are probably rusted, and calipers might be stuck.
    Fuel system needs to be cleaned out. Thats the tip of the iceberg!
    I don't know the weather patterns in your area, but up in Vermont that car would be totaled by now.
    Do you have a private email address?