I have a simple question that probably has a complicated answer.

On a stock-bodied early 911 such as my '70 E (no fender flares), what's the best combo of fuchs wheel and tire and spacers to fill out the fenders, and have the best street car that will also do well in autocross and time trials. I have a great set of Toyo racing tires and wheels and spacers, but they include 'phone dial' wheels which I don't like on my older car. When I switch back to my fuchs with street tires, the car doesn't handle nearly as well on the curvy roads around here, and they don't fill out the fenders as well.

I can't use the same spacers lest the tires on the fuchs rub the fenders, and then the wheels studs are too long for the fuchs, so I have to use open-ended wheel bolts with the studs sticking out. This looks pretty stupid. I'd like to have one set of tires, with the fuchs, for street and race, and not have to switch back and forth. Can this be done without compromising my autocross performance? I'm not too, too serious about my times, but I do want to go fast. You know...

Actually, it's not a simple question, is it? BTW, the Toyos are getting pretty worn down now and will need replacing soon.