Thread: Low $ source for replacement vapor recover hoses?

Wink Low $ source for replacement vapor recover hoses?

Mine are rotting out and need replacement. Since I moved the charcol canister to another location, and probably craked one, I am starting to get gas fumes. I already repaired the black plastic box unddr the dash so that's not it.

Stupid question about moving the canister - I would like to move it to the smuggler's box, so it is out of the way - any issues with its relative height in the vehicle respective to its function? I would think not.

Also, do I need to pull the fuel tank to get to the source of the hoses - since I have never seen where they originate - just plug into the canister.

Thx,
    Rick
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

We had a discussion about this on pelican some time ago. Luckily, I printed out the response from Jim Sims. You can buy the hose from McMaster-Carr. http://www.mcmaster.com According to Jim, It's called Tygon Fuel & Lubricant PVC tubing, rated for gasoline and other petroleum products. The part number for the 1/2" ID tubing is 5552K28...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Thanks Paul. I will give them a shot. Thx!

Is there access to these lines in the front of the tunnel from the inside of the cabin?

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Rick, I've never played with the lines that run back to the air cleaner, so not sure of their routing. But IF I type this right, you should be able to access a diagram of the evap system here:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...ControlSys.jpg

(edit) Gosh, it worked...move your mouse to the lower right corner of the pic, then click on the icon that appears to enlarge...this another of those things I printed out for my files...
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Excellent. Saved to file for future ref. Thx!

Glad I could help...and thanks to the guys on Pelican...I just passed the info on.