Thread: carb rebuild questions...

Angry carb rebuild questions...

OK. just went trough both IDAs on my 67S. There are discrepancies in the 3 different documentaions I have on this carb though. This is all regarding o-rings on the idle jet, and on the air mixture screw. There were none on the carbs when I took them off, and they have seemed to run decent befor the rebuild. What to do? Do I put them back together as I saw them? Do I place an o-ring on both, just one? I don't know??? Out of three books or diagrames: 101 projects Vol 2, Weber Performance Handbook, diagram from the rebuild kit, and an old weber manuel from '77 I had laying around, they all show different combinations of the above.
    Michael
    '56 T-1 356 bent window coupe...
    68 911L Burgandy Red R Gruppe #388
    72 911S Coupe, Sepia Brown

Check out this Link

Michael,
    Here is a link to a Pelican parts thread that discusses carb settings. It should help you quite a bit.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hlight=jetting

Good Luck

Re: carb rebuild questions...

Originally posted by mjmoran
    OK. just went trough both IDAs on my 67S. There are discrepancies in the 3 different documentaions I have on this carb though. This is all regarding o-rings on the idle jet, and on the air mixture screw. There were none on the carbs when I took them off, and they have seemed to run decent befor the rebuild. What to do? Do I put them back together as I saw them? Do I place an o-ring on both, just one? I don't know??? Out of three books or diagrames: 101 projects Vol 2, Weber Performance Handbook, diagram from the rebuild kit, and an old weber manuel from '77 I had laying around, they all show different combinations of the above.
    Sorry to hijack your thread but anyone got a procedure on how to tune and balance IDA carbs? I'd like to have a go at it this weekend.

Thanks.

Sprint.

Re: Re: carb rebuild questions...

Originally posted by SprintStar
    Sorry to hijack your thread but anyone got a procedure on how to tune and balance IDA carbs? I'd like to have a go at it this weekend.
    Check out this link

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Re: Re: Re: carb rebuild questions...

Originally posted by ttweed
    Check out this link

TT
    Thanks Tom! Very good stuff he has there! Hehe... I got something to mess with this weekend! *wink*

Have a nice weekend too!

Sprint.