Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fuchs wheel fitments

joelrkaplan

Question fuchs wheel fitments

Please advise an owner to be re: wheels....I have seen early cars with what appears to be wider than stock Fuchs wheels w/ no body flaring like an RS..what wheels fit on a 70 911T....am I seeing 6 or 7 "? wheels. What cars are they coming off of...thanks much

I do belive with our narrow bodied cars you can get 7's to fit.. barely. Or the other option is lots of $$ and buy 911R 15x7's at about the cost of a grand a piece which fit with no problems.
    Tim
    1973 T

I bought my '73 S in May with 15x7 (non-RS) wheels, and they don't quite fit. I think they would if I rolled the fenders and ran some negative camber, but I've decided to try to buy some 6s or trade my 7s for someone's 6s.

joelrkaplan

Question re fuchs

is the fit close or way off?...it seems like the cars I have seen fit fine...I wonder if they were 6's...they had a nice lip on them......

joelrkaplan

Thumbs down

Yes, I have heard about R wheels but too pricey right now...need to ask the owners of these cars when I see them......w/ the 7's is the problem in front or rear?

I've heard that it varies from car to car, but the problem with mine is the right rear. It's close, but the tire (205/50/15) rubs under normal driving conditions and the ride height is set fairly high. If I had the car lowered to euro specs it would probably rub in a few other spots too.

If I had it all to do over, I probably wouldn't. I went from 6's to the wide 7's in 1976 or so...suspension beefed to reduce lean, and fender lips rolled. My excuse? It was the 70's...who knew back then that the S was special? We were blissful in our ignorance...We thought Porsches were going to get better!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

joelrkaplan

Thumbs up fuchs

those are the wheels.......you would NOT go to 7's again?...was is that much of a clearance issue...looks great!

joelrkaplan

Thumbs up fuchs

those are the wheels.......you would NOT go to 7's again?...was is that much of a clearance issue...looks great!

No question they look good. If I had a T, especially one that I was hot rodding, I wouldn't hesitate to roll the fenders, etc. I have decided, however, that I want to preserve my S. If you know anyone with a set of 6s is good shape I can email you some photos.