Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Adding an image to your post

admin_old

Adding an image to your post

Type your message in this area, then use the "Manage Attachments" button below to upload an image file (Valid file extensions: gif jpg png txt zip bmp jpeg) from a location on your computer's hard drive. The image file cannot be more than 100Kb in size, otherwise the bulletin board will not upload the file. There are several programs (many are shareware) that can reduce the resolution (pixel count) as well as the image size to make it comfortably appear on-screen without having to scroll up/down, left/right to see the complete image. One such free downloadable program is at www.irfanview.com

When using the Browse command, you cannot preview the pic before officially posting it to the forum (at least on my computer system and internet browser software).

For example, the file size of the following image (actually a screen capture of this screen) is 475 pixels wide. That should give you a relative idea of image size when you prepare your image for posting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pic Test

Thought that I'd try....

Why only one picture?

Sherwood:

It seems that the system allows you to load more than one picture in an individual post, but if you do load more than one picture, it only shows the picture name, and you need to click on it to see it.

If you load only one picture, then the picture shows inside the post. It would be really great if:

1. You could actually load more than one picture in a reply.
    2. You could intermingle pictures and text. Now all of the text is on top, and the pictures loaded at the bottom. Being able to load a picture and then text and then the next picture then more text, etc would really be handy.

I know that you didn't write the code for this, but you might mention it to the guys that wrote the code for this BBS. I like the way the new version works, just thought that this would make it even better.

thanks

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

admin_old
    Hi Larry,
    I've looked into it as this is a very desireable feature for a forum such as ours. Inserting multiple pics in a post is not (or has not been) a feature supported by vBulletin. There are hacks (used in the most complimentary tone) to implement this feature, but I don't profess to have the programming knowledge to do this. Perhaps the next webmaster will have the wherewithall to do this.

The only workaround I know of is to, using a photo editing program, combine single images into one file. E.g. if two images are each 500x300 pixels, create a working space of 500 x 600 pixels (plus a few pixels for spacing) and copy the two images into the work space, then save as XXXX.jpg. This is admittedly more labor intensive.

Sherwood

Thanks

Sherwood:

I appreciate all of your efforts as webmaster. I know that it is a "thankless" job, but you have done a good job of keeping things running.

This wasn't intended to be a complaint as much as a suggestion.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

test

Neil
    '73 911S targa

I don't see a Browse button. I click the manage attachments but nothing happens. Help

admin_old
    A window should pop up asking for the location of the image file to upload from your computer. Not sure what's happening if that doesn't happen. I checked you settings and nothing looks out of the ordinary.

Could it be a preference setting in your browser? What browser are you using and what version?

Internet Explorer, Version 6

admin_old
    ChrisG,
    Since I'm on a Mac, my version of Explorer (5.2) probably doesn't have the same menu wording. Look in the the "Tools" or "Preferences" menu and see if any selection there makes a difference.

Sorry. Maybe someone else can chime in with a suggestion.