U mean the engine number the Kardex says came with your car. Otherwise they won't, don't and can't match.

I have to disagree with Jack...when an engine blew on an early 911 it was the very expense of rebuilding the orginal that caused an owner to buy a junk yard motor an put it in his 911. It was cheaper to swap it out, than rebuild.

Ask Pwd72S what his car would be worth if he didn't have the orginal motor. Try 1/2. Orginality is very important in all areas of collecting. Heavy premiums are paid for pristine examples of orginal cars. The only exception to the rule is a limited edition, they have a high survival rate in pristine condition. They lose 1/2 their value if not in pristine condition. They are seen as being instant collectables and are kept NIB for the most part. I do not participate in that market, as I consider it to be a bogus market. Give me a good example of something that was meant to be used without thought of being something collectable. Thats where the money is, in collecting.