Thread: Navigation

Navigation

I know this question is a bit off topic, but I'm turning over every rock in hopes of a solution.

Unlike the newer cars I own in Germany, the Mini I just bought in the US has a warning/disclaimer that comes up on the navigation system screen every time the car is started, and requires an overt action each time to get rid of it.

Does anyone know of a person, company, or service that can reprogram this thing? It must be possible somehow, since the warning is not part of the otherwise-identical European software.

Thanks for any help,
    Lee

admin_old
    Try the mini dealer service dept. Their scan tool might have an option to change operating parameters.

Sherwood

Tried that first. There are things they can reprogram, but that's not one of them. Also tried a BMW dealer (they use the same system) to no avail.

Does the US Porsche Nav system have this same offensive screen?

On a note more germane to our early cars, I did have great success in Europe using the aftermarket Becker Traffic Pro.

THanks again,
    Lee

It's a saftey issue/law. It's part of all of the Nav systems I'm familiar with. I've got a Magellan in my truck and the wife's car. Both require you to answer a silly question before you can use it. I usually let the co-pilot take care of the navigation.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111