Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Must be VERY confidential

Talking Must be VERY confidential

I opened my mailbox to find the latest issue of the registry newsletter. Inside, the CD containing the membership list.?
    Cindy informed me that it was done in "word pad" and we don't have word pad on our Windows Me programming. Thought some might find it funny to see a sample of what I get:

ÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱáÐÏࡱá

Anybody willing to send me a listing I can print out? Thanks..

donkin@proaxis.com
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Me too.

Early S content-
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

The CD worked in Excel in my occasionally tempermental computer.
    Dick Moran

Not to 'jack' this thread but... pretty cool car Jens... what's it's story? ... maybe respond on a new thread...

My Early S Roster opened fine, but ... for the few it does not, I hope Sherwood comes up with all your answers....
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thumbs up

Sooo, it opens in Excel. Excel-lent! That worked.

Thanks D.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Jens,

That picture you posted is making me horny!! TIme to go out to the garage for a few hours of Porsche therapy.

Rob
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

Paul,

I just e-mailed you an Excel version of the listing.
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

Yeah Paul, my pc choose Excel to use on it's own, and it opened just fine.......

Jens...!!!!! OMG !!!!!! I want that car!!!! I think we are going to have to limit your photo uploading on this bbs.... they all seem to spike my blood pressure too much...

as always, thanks for the motivating photo !!!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Thanks Neil...I was able to bring it up, but wasn't able to get all the info on a car on the same line as the owner's name & address. Consider me a computer illiterate...and I suppose we illiterates aren't deserving of the info? If we were allowed a vote, I'd vote for going back to the old hard copy. Oh well, info I'll live without... I DO appreciate your effort.
    Best, Paul
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Microsoft Works Spreadsheet does not seem to want to open the file. For those of us without Excel any other options short of buying Excel software?
    Mark Lindman
    1969 911S
    1967 911 T Hot Rod
    (If Randy ever sells it to me)
    1956 HRG Twin Cam
    1951 212 Drogo Spyder
    Early 911S Member #496