Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Must be VERY confidential

I can send you one in PDF format. How do you want it sorted, by name, year, VIN?
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

After downloading excel, finding out it didn't work, then dumping excel, I now have troubles...can't open the pics friends send. When click on the paper clip for the pic, and a message from microsoft saying it can't find exe comes up. All because of a list...Guys, may I suggest that next year the list gets sent already printed? Cindy's worked for hours trying to get our computer back to what it once did...with no success. We can no longer open JPEG image files. So please...next year? Just a printed list? I'll gladly pay an extra buck or two postage. It's cheaper than buying a new computer...or paying an expert to make this one right again...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Paul,

What operating system are you and Cindy using? Do you remember what program you used to use to view images? I'll try to help you any way I can.
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

Originally posted by pwd72s
    After downloading excel, finding out it didn't work, then dumping excel, I now have troubles...can't open the pics friends send. When click on the paper clip for the pic, and a message from microsoft saying it can't find exe comes up. All because of a list...Guys, may I suggest that next year the list gets sent already printed? Cindy's worked for hours trying to get our computer back to what it once did...with no success. We can no longer open JPEG image files. So please...next year? Just a printed list? I'll gladly pay an extra buck or two postage. It's cheaper than buying a new computer...or paying an expert to make this one right again...
    Funny, or not so funny, but that happened to me a few months ago. since then, I have to save any emailed pics to a floppy and go to another computer in my office to view them.

Originally posted by pwd72s
    can't open the pics friends send. When click on the paper clip for the pic, and a message from microsoft saying it can't find exe comes up. We can no longer open JPEG image files.
    Paul and Milt-

You are simply missing an "association" in Windows which tells your machine which program (.exe) to use for image viewing. This can be fixed easily and quickly by simply downloading and installing one of the free imaging utility programs from the internet.

I recommend IrfanView as it is easy, free, compact, and works well. Go to the IrfanView site and click on the "dowload" link and follow the instructions to install it. Then when you click on a jpeg, Windows will open the Irfanview program to view it. You can configure it to associate with any image type and most multi-media files (or not).

So please...next year? Just a printed list?
    Hey- at least you GOT a list! I'm still waiting for mine!?!?!

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

IView

Tom,
    This is Cindy. Thank you very much. I fumbled my way through the set up and it's working! We have friends in Turkey who just had a new baby and now I can see the pictures. I thought our computer was ruined forever. Thank you again. Paul said he will mail you the disk in exchange for a printout. We'd be happy to send $10 for the cost of the paper and printing. Just PM us your snail mail address. Cindy
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Thanks. I downloaded it. Haven't tried it, but I'm sure it works. Thanks again.

Re: Re: Must be VERY confidential

Originally posted by ttweed
    Didn't get mine yet. Am I on the sh!t list? Can't remember when I last sent my dues in
    Oh boy- got a reminder in the mail this week that my membership dues expired in Sept. of '02. OOOOPS! Mea culpa. I sent the check off this morning. No wonder I didn't receive the newsletter and CD.

My bad,
    TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Love the flexibility of the sorts in Excel. Looks like this Spring I will pull up the e-mail addresses of the Washington group (about 30) and see if we can have a get together/drive. I will post a notice here too just for those that chose not to divulge or are new to the party.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell