Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay, who's really good with computers here?

Okay, who's really good with computers here?

Guys, I just got an email with pics from the restorer of a car. I got semi-involved because I took pics of this car after it's racing days were over. I sent the photos to a previous owner, which I hope helped in the restoration to it's earlier race trim. Anyway, I've written for permission to post the pics here. If permission comes, I'd need help in doing so. The email is big, and takes a LONG time for me to send on dial-up. What I would like to do is forward the entire email to somebody here who could reduce & post the pics & details on this historic PRE 911R race car. Documentation I have leads me to believe that only 6 of these factory prepared cars were done. So, below is the car's race history. Any takers on the sizing & posting of all if I get permission to post it here?

"1967 911S lightweight/ 911R prototype

Originally campaigned by Porsche Car N.W. a subsidiary of Qvalle Motors

1967 Pacific Northwest C Production Champion

1967 3rd place American Road Race of Champions (National Runoffs) in Daytona
    Porsche 911 claimed 1st - 5th

1967 Winner of the U-2 class at Kent Washington Trans-Am
    Porsche 911 is the Manufacturer champion in U-2

1967 car is driven by Gary Wright (now deceased) and owned by Porsche Car N.W.

1968 car is bought by Gary Wright and campaigned in SCCA National C production

1968 Entered in Kent Washington Trans Am. Engine expired on 3rd lap

1969 Now owned by Todd Webb of Portland Oregon

1969 Entered in Daytona 24 Hour. DNF after 33 laps (unknown reason)

1969 5th place Daytona American Road Race of Champions

1970 - 1973 used as a street car/ auto cross car by Todd Webb

Parked in late 1972 or early 1973 sold to a portland body shop owner with 6303 miles showing

1988 bought by Scott Tyler of Clearwater Florida. Missing engine & rollbar. Disassembled, restoration started

2003 Bought in pices by Ross Bleustein of Miami Florida

2006 Restoration completed

This car still retains all of it's original panels (with the exception of the driver's door skin) and other components. This is one of few early 911 race cars with history, and believed to be one of very few cars built to these lightweight specifications."
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Send them to me Paul. I will take them into Photoshop and resize them. I would be more than happy to do any "air brush" work as well.

tilton101@comcast.net
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

I'm happy to back up Bob.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Thanks guys...the email is being forward to Bob as I type. Should be there in an hour or so. I'm on slow dial-up and an old computer here. Anyway, Bob...please don't post them until I get permission. That hasn't arrived yet.
    Many of the cars you see racing historic races today didn't actually have a race history. This one did....it's special.
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

My game..saving Porsches FHernand's Avatar
    Able to help also if needed. Really looking foward to seeing those pictures.
    VINTAGE SPORTSCAR RESTORATIONS INC.
    www.vsrestorations.com
    Phoenix OREGON
    Freddie Hernandez
    freddie@vsrestorations.com
    (541) 535-3304
    www.facebook.com/VintageSportscarRestorations

Okay, I may be naive, here, but I need some help understanding this situation. I am certainly not a lawyer, but in my mind, any picture I take, I own the rights to, assuming of course I am not in an area where there are huge signs reading : NO PHOTOGRAPHS ALLOWED ! or some such.

So why would Paul need anyone's permission to post photos that he personally took of a racing car many years ago???

Thanks in advance for any input I may get here..
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

Received the pics - keep me posted Paul.

Bill - you're probably correct but I suspect this is a "respect" issue vs a legal issue.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by bob tilton
    Received the pics - keep me posted Paul.

Bill - you're probably correct but I suspect this is a "respect" issue vs a legal issue.
    Okay, Bob, I guess I buy that. I must be kind of a bull in the china shop when it comes to such protocols...

Quote Originally Posted by silverc4s
    Okay, I may be naive, here, but I need some help understanding this situation. I am certainly not a lawyer, but in my mind, any picture I take, I own the rights to, assuming of course I am not in an area where there are huge signs reading : NO PHOTOGRAPHS ALLOWED ! or some such.

So why would Paul need anyone's permission to post photos that he personally took of a racing car many years ago???

Thanks in advance for any input I may get here..
    Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I took photos of the car years ago, after it had been converted to a street/autocross car. The pics recently sent to me were taken by another. Yes, it's a respect thing as much as having any legal worries. I'm sure this car will be seeing some exposure on the east coast soon, where people can click away.
    Here's how she looked at an autocross held on the now defunct Salem (OR) Speedway back in the 1970's...one of my old photos. I'm sure Bob can testify that the pics of how she looks now will be worth a wait.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by pwd72s
    Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I took photos of the car years ago, after it had been converted to a street/autocross car. The pics recently sent to me were taken by another. Yes, it's a respect thing as much as having any legal worries. I'm sure this car will be seeing some exposure on the east coast soon, where people can click away.
    Here's how she looked at an autocross held on the now defunct Salem (OR) Speedway back in the 1970's...one of my old photos. I'm sure Bob can testify that the pics of how she looks now will be worth a wait.
    Thanks Paul,
    I am clear now. What with the proliferation of everything on the net these days, I was mostly concerned about the publication aspects of your comments from a legal pitfall aspect. I have taken a lot of photos over the years, and was concerned that I may get into trouble unknowingly with the use of them...

Still want to see your pictures here...