Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need pictures from 911 -73

I am infected, and will never be cured

Winnie:

Welcome to the group. I am still waiting for the delivery of my Viper Green 73E Targa, so I looked at your Viper Green 72 Targa with fond eyes. Unfortunately, it seems that RUST is the nemesis of all of these early cars. I have been told more than once, "Find a clean car that needs mechanical work, because the battle against existing rust is never ending." So, unfortunately your car has the rust problem. I can't give you any good advice. It looks good in the pix. That just proves how hidden bad rust can be!!

Porsche seemed to be unclear about the names of their colors and their numerical designations. The Viper Green, for instance, was also known as Emerald Green and Kelly Green in 1973. They didn't have a Viper Green on the color Pallette in '73 that I have seen. Conda Green is a different color, but also a bright green.

Here is a picture of a 73 Targa in Viper Green that I use as a surrogate for my yet to be delivered car. Hopefully, I will be able to replace it with a picture of my REAL car in a few months.

Glad you have joined us. There is a world (honestly) of information here to be found. And, by the way, I thought your English was just fine. Had no problems understanding what you were saying (writing).

larry
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Tangerine '73 Carrera RS, Lime Rock '03

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

My Tangerine '73...RIP

RGruppe #183

'73 Carrera RS in Monterey this spring

RGruppe #183

Winne,

Color code 117, light yellow or hellgelb in German. Tangerine or Blood orange is 018, in German it is blutorange.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Rarer color

Sea blue

Stuart, that Sea Blue is wonderful!

RGruppe #183

Thanks Jens,

This isnt actually a photo of my car but mine is almost identical.

I didnt have a vineyard in my backyard to use as a backdrop - this car lives in Europe from what I am told.

Originally posted by Stuart
    I didnt have a vineyard in my backyard to use as a backdrop - this car lives in Europe from what I am told.
    That picture reminds me of Spain.... or maybe south of France. What a pretty sight.
    I think Sea blue is the same thing as Dalmatian/Oxford blue. But on my screen, that car looks like Albert blue.

That RS belongs to RSexS. He is from the Netherlands, but that sure doesn't look like the Dutch countryside. The color code is 329 and is called Seeblau. Ian is right it is also called Dalmatian or Oxford blue.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299