Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rs for sale(Autoweek)

joelrkaplan

rs for sale(Autoweek)

just got this weeks issue(12/1/03)...fully restored 73Touring, white/red...600 miles since.....asking 99.5k......

That is Rob Whitehead's RS that was featured on the cover of the Esses several issues ago, which I can't seem to find right now. He did a very extensive restoration of this car if I remember correctly. Most of the work was done at a shop in Chicago called Midwest Eurosport. Anyone have that issue handy?
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Yes, found it - Winter 2003 - same car. The dealer lists it as having a 2.9, but ESSES says it's the matching #'s 2.7 rebuilt.

Any comments on the asking price?

Price seems low.

Best,

Don

RS

don,you're right the car sold last week.the proof is always in the pudding

My sources tell me it sold in a nanosecond to a dealer for a hundy. The dealer then promptly resold it to a European client for a buck and a quarter.

Damn, I love this country!

Rob
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

I guess the market is that good. I hate to knock another person's car but there are some painfully obvious parts and details that are incorrect. Where would that put the price if the details were correct and/or this was a first series car? Hate to say it my predictions of $150,000 Touring cars are not that far off. Ouch!

Best,

Don

Originally posted by Rennman
    Hate to say it my predictions of $150,000 Touring cars are not that far off. Ouch!
    Well hopefully that will inflate the prices of Early Esses as well. If we start seeing some ridiculous prices for Esses, I might be inclined to spend a little more money on my restoration.
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

Don,

I am not a RS expert, but could you enumerate some of those deficiencies.

I see a non-orginal steering wheel, scratched passenger side window trim as well as a scratches near the instruments.

I am not sure about some other items. Should the doors have black paint on the parts that are visible from the interior? Is that overspray on the muffler or normal discoloration.

I would think you would get a nearly perfect car for $100k.
    Neil
    '73 911S targa